Tracing Triggers #MindBattle Day 8

20:00

Not much has happened today and I've been wondering if I would be able to string the mundane, regular day into a blog that's worth reading.

I've discovered that I have a routine and although it wasn't one that I set out to create, it's one that I like. I haven't been giving myself to mindless scrolling on Instagram or Twitter and it seems like I have found my way out of the black hole of youtube too. While I was pondering on this, it occurred to me that while I wasn't exactly working to curb those excesses, I was intentionally working on strengthening my blogging routine.

It is the principle of 'walk in the spirit and you will not fulfil the lust of the flesh'. The way to overcome the flesh isn't by saying that won't give in to its desires, it is by walking in the spirit. The way to overcome a bad habit is to replace it with a good one. This is starting to sound preachy and this is supposed to be a documentary but even documentaries have commentaries too, right?

A random picture from this morning


This morning, I woke up feeling weird. This wasn't anxiety creeping in, it was a wave of heaviness and because I've also been intentional about guarding my joy, I was telling myself to rise above it. It still felt a little intense especially since I was almost crying while watching a video on YouTube. Dazz when it occurred to me what the culprit may be. Do you want to guess? Let's see who gets it right in the comments.

Today is a commentary day so I'll just say this, observe yourself, know your triggers. That way, you can learn how to be prepared beforehand for the battle.

There's really not to so much to share today and while there was the temptation to not write at all, I decided to do so because this is more than just a fight against anxiety, it is a fight against indiscipline and inconsistency.

There is a battle in my mind. It is full of anxiety and untrue thoughts. This is a documentary on how I win.
See you tomorrow at 20:00 GMT+2

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These triggers too responds to authority, I believe dealing with them means bringing them to the obedience of Christ.
    One thing I would say is, 'you are living' and this experiences, feelings are pointers of you being good at living.
    Excited for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com