Between food and friends #MindBattle Day 13

20:00

Saturdays are for resting. Over time, I have come to see that I have the bad habit of forgetting to rest. I am always occupied. My weekends are usually so full that by the end of the weekend I am still looking for an extension. Today, it felt good to rest and spend time with my friends, to be present.

This is unrelated to the theme of this series but I have noticed that when I like people, I cook for them. Or maybe it is related. My friend cooked for me today too. *insert happy tears* *insert happy dance* Are they really your friends if they don't bring you food? Are they?!!!

Today's creative expression is a poem and I want to dedicate this to all my friends. This journey has helped me realize how much of great impact friends are to a person's life. They've helped me see clearer and live saner. They, I mean, you have helped me see God's love in different dimensions and I want to say that I really do appreciate you. There were actual moments in my life when I prayed to God for the kind of friends that I have now.

I love you. I value you.


I was going to really personalize this but I wanted to give this to you as a gift so that you can send it to your friends too and make their day.
One day, I'll have this printed as a card and when I do I'll come back to this post. Till then, I'll enjoy this journey, this fight and celebrate the ones who are holding my hands.

There's a battle in my mind. It is full of anxiety and untrue thoughts. This is a documentary on how I win.
See you tomorrow at 20:00 GMT+2

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Beautiful. Truly beautiful.
    Thanks for this, lately after reading your post, my heart is reminded what gifts men are, and how truly good friends are worth having.
    You story has been in its own unique way a portal to an encounter with the Fathers heart. In your journey, I've heard and seen Him, and though typed, this words comes alive every time. This is ministry like you rightly said.
    The mean should read this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com