Call me 'stripper'

09:55

I have been away for so long, this is not a promise that I am here to stay.

I have struggled with the idea of being called a blogger. I flinch and cringe because I can barely identify as that. Just because I have a blog, write posts, share at random moments doesn't make me, ummm, okay, maybe I'm a blogger of some sort.

I struggle with this label because I see my inconsistency and inadequacy. I see my nonchalance. I see how other 'bloggers' are dedicated to their blogs. I, on the other hand, am regularly in and out of 'vim'. I find my voice for a minute and it disappears without warning for months, maybe I have a speech disability.



Stripper: one who strips
To strip: remove all coverings from

So, call me stripper because I am removing the coverings. I am removing the labels, the layers, I am showing forth my true identity. The intensity of my colours will speak. Maybe I am a blogger too, and a bunch of things also but most of I want you to see me strip.

Why strip?
Because I don't want you, me or anyone to have a false idea of who I am. When I am putting up a front, I am also convincing myself that this character is who I am. The goal is not me, I am not the goal. I am taking off the layers not just so that you can see me.
Make no mistake, I want you to see me, my scars, my frailty, the wounds from which I currently bleed. I want you to see me struggle to walk, see me fly, see me fall but most of all, I want you to see my Father who stays loving through it all.

I want you to see God. I want you to see how He's still interested in this broken human. See Him love me, hold me, restore me. I want you to see how He still uses those who see themselves as the worst and how He's reeling in the runaway child.

This may be difficult for me but it really isn't about me, it has never been about me. So watch me strip, call me stripper but most of all I hope you see the Father.

Signed,
A stripper in training.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Girl, you better strip!
    Proud of you ma'am.
    We see the father in and through you. So blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be the most honest read I've read in years.
    Our inconsistencies though seen by other as a weakness, can be a useful tool too in God's hands. To whom our weaknesses becomes strength.
    Yes, I see the Father who loves regardless of our efforts.
    Where is reproach where God has loved you...???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful to know that reproach can't stand in light of God's love!

      Delete
  3. I believe Christains needs to be strippers I.e we should come to God just as we are with all our insecurities and what not because there is actually nothing hidden from him.

    We get healing when we become strippers.

    Thank you for this wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! There's definitely healing in stripping!!

      Delete
  4. Awesome. Can't wait to read more from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done sis! I think I'll sleep and wake up on your blog. Found great stuff here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com