Protecting Peace #MindBattle Day 9

20:00

Usually, when I publish a post, my heart starts getting a bit anxious and I keep checking the stats and trying to figure out how to improve them at that moment. I don't think that it is unimportant to find ways to improve your reach but when it is at the expense of your peace, maybe something needs to be checked.

Before I clicked publish yesterday, I prayed. After I clicked publish, I wasn't worried, I was at peace.

I get bored quite quickly. Often when I find a new project, I dive in with a lot of enthusiasm. Soon after, however, the vibe dies down. Is it just me? I'm starting to feel that way with this series. The good thing is that I am not going anywhere whether my feelings line up or not and like I'm learning, I'll teach my body how to feel.

Although I know otherwise, my default thought is usually that prayer has to be done in a particular frame of mind and by that I mean, for it to be prayer, the only thing you must be doing at that moment is praying. As much as I am not undermining the place of concentration in prayer, I am discovering that there is a mine of free time and random thoughts that can be converted into moments of prayer.

There is the confidence that is embedded in my day when I start it off with praying and praying well. lol, because there be days when you know you actually didn't pray 'prayer'. Today was one of those days that started with a high.
I am starting to amaze myself with how I am not exactly going on social media until the stipulated time. When I started, it seemed like the most difficult thing and I almost quit at a point but seeing the progress now feels really good.

Today was pretty much a chill day and chill days are good too.
I think I need to read the entry from Day 1 again just to remind me of the purpose of this series.


I almost forgot that I designed this yesterday. I create all my designs on this blog and all my social media platforms. I want to say that I'm not that good but ha, I'm actually pretty decent.
Back to the post. Let's just say that my friends have sense!!! The words rang deep within me. Especially that second line!!! In today's craze of going for the bag, securing the bag and the like, it can be quite easy to forget to protect your peace.

I love this journey that I am on and I appreciate the fact that you're on it with me.
There is a battle in my mind. It is full of anxiety and untrue thoughts. This is a documentary on how I win.
See you tomorrow at 20:00 GMT+2

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Amazing read once again.
    Trading our peace can be done unconsciously sometimes,but we owe it to ourselves to know when we are about to cross that line and just say stop.
    I love how you're learning through this and even more, how you're teaching us about it... Don't know if that made sense, but then again, I beat sense into myself. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com