Prayer Power #MindBattle Day14

20:00

Sunday is my favourite day of the week. I wake up early, get ready and go to fellowship with other believers. I think that it is both beautiful and rejuvenating.

Something made me upset today. I was hurt and almost crying. I was smiling but my mind was wandering. In all of those moments, what kept lingering in my heart was
'I've prayed about this.
I 've prayed about this.
I've prayed about this.
I believe in prayer.
I will not worry'

There were honestly times when it was a bit of a struggle and I kept telling God that 'this isn't what we agreed on. This isn't what I prayed for. This isn't how I thought things would go'.
In those moments, I still remembered that I had prayed and how powerful prayer is. What if I hadn't prayed? There would have been nothing to rest on as a cushion. Our hearts deflect to worry when we haven't prayed. It's not like we cannot pray when issues arise but there's this peace that comes with knowing that you've prayed.

In fact, there was one thing that I hadn't prayed about and amid my aching heart, I was going to pray. Guess what the enemy tried? He tried to stop me! 'Are you now going to pray? So prayer is your last resort?' My heart was going to give up because it did seem like I didn't remember to pray till that moment. Yet, there was encouragement somewhere within me, knowing that I can always, always talk to my Father.

Today, I didn't really create anything. Or did I? Does this count?


The thing is that I actually did graphic design for my church. It's nothing much, it's just sermon excerpts. My design is really ama... Whew! The goal with this creativity thing is that I want to learn to appreciate my skills a bit more and be proud of myself and what I can actually do.
I'll admit that it is difficult because I don't see my 'awesome' but I believe that with time I will be able to see it clearly. And because I can see it clearly, I'll be able to communicate it to others. I mean, when the time comes to talk about my skills and 'sell myself'. hehehe

When I have permission and access to the design, I'll post it here. Till tomorrow, remember that prayer works!! 

There's a battle in my mind. It is full of anxiety and untrue thoughts. This is a documentary on how I win.
See you tomorrow at 20:00 GMT +2

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com