Does it spark joy? #MindBattle Day 20

20:00

I've been trying to remember a quote so I can quote the quote correctly. 😂 Something like, 'it's not that you dash dash dash, you're just not doing the things that spark joy for you'. I have probably destroyed the quote but I think you know what I am referencing. Can you remind me, please?

I was very sleepy in class today. I guess the whole group was sleepy because some of us took turns in sleeping. My teacher looked like he hadn't gotten enough or any sleep at all too. So today was a gathering of sleepy people. I think I yawned 25 times. 😩
Yesterday, I mentioned that I had an assignment that I was working on. The thing is that I had a presentation to prepare for class today. I stayed up till almost 3 preparing. Hence, my sleepiness in class.

I had just 14 slides, 3 of which were not primarily relevant to the topic. When I finished preparing, a part of me was annnnnnoyed! So, it was really 11 slides that had me up late. (insert tears). I figured out that I could have slept earlier if I didn't spend as much time designing. But do I care? Yes, no, maybe.

I actually felt really happy with myself. It felt good to do something and enjoy it, joo get? Today, I had one of those rare moments when I felt happy after class. That's because today, there was a combined expression of things that I like; public speaking, teaching (which is really public speaking too), design and medicine.

I'm feeling a little extra so here's what my presentation looked like.
Follow up -Kidney Transplant by Gift Ogwa

I was actually feeling a lot extra so I made a whole video. 😩



Today, I was thinking to myself. I haven't been as anxious as usual in a while. We can say that's progress right? I like this. It's amazing how much control you'll realize that you actually have over your body and your mind when you decide to not just go with the flow but to determine what the flow is. Am I deep or what?

There's a battle in my mind. It is full of anxiety and untrue thoughts. This is a documentary on how I win.
See you tomorrow at 20:00 GMT+2

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com