Shooting shots #MindBattle Day 12

20:00

You think you're winning then in a split minute your heel is struck.

I could leave out this detail but I'm choosing not to. I had a breakdown after publishing yesterday's entry. I started thinking of how I wasn't doing anything with my life, seeing all the areas where I wasn't doing enough. I started worrying about where I was headed if I was going anywhere at all. I wondered if I was moving at the right pace if I had enough enthusiasm towards life.
There were lies in my head, lots of them. Do you know what made it weird? Although I knew that they were lies, I was meditating on them.

I prayed. I had to keep reminding my heart that Papa loves me. God loves me. God loves me. God loves me. Sometimes, it appears shocking that primary truths can be forgotten. The gravity of such reminders to one's soul cannot be overemphasized. I love that fact that Papa speaks. His words though stern were very reassuring. Peace comes from trusting in His work and trusting in His word.
When I write about protecting peace, what I really mean is in protecting the word of God in your heart and not allowing situations take it away from you.



I spoke to a friend, I had a clearer perspective, I focused on the truth.

A while back, one of my friends told me about how I allow the smallest things to ruin my mood. I didn't agree. Today, I finally realized it. Something very small and insignificant happened in class today and my mood was affected. It was a while later that it occurred to me that what my friend actually said was true.
Gift!!! Protect your joy!! It's a fruit of your spirit!

About today's creative expression, I was starting to wonder if I had not shot myself in the foot by deciding to do this. Not because I doubt my creativity but because the only thing the cold is inspiring at the moment is sleep and laziness but laziness is not my identity. Amen? Amen. So I'll do it and I'll share it, no matter how I feel and not succumbing to the thoughts of it not being good enough. Just in case you didn't notice, that was me convincing myself to post today's work so here you go.

Mundane shot
I love shooting on cloudy days, there's just a different vibe to the pictures. I actually love shooting bare trees, I can't explain it. There's something about how they look.
I don't think this is my best work but I actually like it. Especially since I took some time to do some editing. (That's one other thing I'm getting better at)

Who knows what tomorrow's creative expression will be?


There's a battle in my mind. It is full of anxiety and untrue thoughts. This is a documentary on how I win.
See you tomorrow at 20:00 GMT+2

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com