Christmas FOMO #MindBattle Day 22

20:00

Veintidós!

My Spanish is getting a lot better. I keep throwing the little Spanish I know around. I should warn you that it's not going to get any better. As my Spanish improves, I'm going to write a lot more in Spanish and who knows, maybe one day, I'll have a whole post in Spanish.

The Battle

Today was okay. I did what I always do, I went to class and I slept. I am pretty much sleeping away my life at this point and yes, I am exaggerating. I'm learning to filter my feelings and how I want to express them. Sometimes, that fiery response that you want to give isn't just worth it. I know that they are triggering you but maybe it's a better idea to leave that space than to let them turn you into a fiery ball and make it look like you just escaped from hell.

The battle that I am currently fighting in my mind is hugely influenced by the holiday season. I really couldn't see it before but it's all starting to make sense now. It's mostly FOMO. I see people post things online... You know, I should clarify a bit, I see people, at home, in Nigeria, post things online. I see them spending time with family and I want that. I see my family spending time with themselves and I want that. I don't remember being this attached to holiday season or family but na so we see am.

It'll pass soon. Las las, by mid-January, everybody body go don come down.

Creative Corner

Today's task was to write something. It's been a while since I found it this difficult to write. Maybe it's because I don't write poems as often as before. Anyway, this is what I came up with. What do you think?


True Talk

I am a child of God. Do you know what that means? I am God's child. Do you know who God is? He is the creator of the universe, the one who set the laws of life in place. He is the one who is immutable and whom goodness is His nature. He is the just God who expresses Himself in love. He is my Father.
Girl! Do you know who's likeness you're made into? Whose image you bear? Do you know?
I'm not ordinary!
I am a child of God!
I walk in the consciousness of my identity always!!
So, irrespective of what life throws at me, I know who I am. I bear God's image. I have His spirit in me so, I act like Him!!!

Whew!!!!
I love this journey! Call me 'Victor'. oops! That's a guy's name, I think. Okay, call me 'Victory' or 'Victorious' or 'Victorious Awakening'.

There's a battle in my mind. It is full of anxiety and untrue thoughts. This is a documentary on how I win.
See you tomorrow at 20:00 GMT +2

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com