All things PINK and PURPLE- The Poem

16:58

Heartbeats skipping is the new norm.
Here I stand face to face with reality.
The smoke screen of my illusions all gone.
The scales that once covered my eyes lay there on the floor to my left.
Every 'right' turn eventually led south and my Wernicke's lesioned.
For though my words line up as a legion, they make no sense and I know not.


One, two, three, four
My heart's pieces are on the floor.
Five, six, seven eight
And now my soul is filled with hate.

The very things that crack our heart
Are but the mildest things in fact.
And though they but create a dent
They very soon our hearts would rent.

I did wish upon a star,
From my depth of deep bizarre.
And though my heart was filled with faith,
Hope was often just a wraith.

Masks and covers
Black, pink covers
Pain, smile covers
While my heart shudders.

For sad and gloomy days exist,
Where pain and confusion may kiss.
But on those sad and gloomy days,
Remember love will find a way.

Time passes and often tables turn,
Be careful or you might have a burn.
Be nice to those you meet on your way up,
You'll need them when you get stuck.

All things that are pink and purple
May not always be a couple.
My feathers, life's wind may  ruffle
And these shoes may make me stumble.

BUT

Will you make me smile a little
Make my heart once more to giggle
And help me once more to see
All things that are pink and purple.





Hi there! Did you read the story? 
If not, go ahead and read it now.  PART 1PART 2PART 3PART 4PART 5PART 6PART 7
Let's connect on FACEBOOK - Kaydo's Blog

Till next time, don't forget that "today belongs to YOU"

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com