All things PINK and PURPLE 2

12:40

Smiling faces were sprinkled all around. Sparkles stole across the room from the white teeth and eyes all over. It had been an evening of continuous exchange of 'congratulation' and 'thank you'.
A quick glance over my pearl shimmered Christian Dior wristwatch jolted me back to reality.
It was 2:53 AM!
Oh my God!!

I never stayed out this long and I didn't plan to do so tonight. I was my 21st birthday party and I really wanted to leave but I mean, who leaves their birthday party?
Here I am wishing I had left that night. It was one of the happiest nights of my life but I do wish I had never experienced such happiness.

It was the morning of the next day, 7:00AM. The buzzing of my phone woke me up. Usually, I'll ignore the phone but it was a special ringtone; my mom was calling.
In the second before I answered, several thoughts flooded my head, why was my mom calling this early? I was low key worried but I managed to feign a happy voice when I answered.

- "I'm sorry baby
I'm very sorry
I did try my best, sweetheart"

- "Mom!! What' is the problem?
Is everything okay"

- "I'm sorry, I forgot your birthday!"
...

For real though, why exactly would she play with my emotions like that. I thought it was something worse. We had our traditions. She had never forgotten my birthday but I couldn't be mad at her just because she forgot my birthday.

It had been quite rough year for her. Her cancer was getting worse and she was slowly losing touch with herself.
She is all that I have ever had, all that I have. The pain that she feels, I feel too and although I'm quite far away, I hold her close in my heart.



I did wish upon a star,
From my depth of deep bizarre.
And though my heart was filled with faith,
Hope was often just a wraith.


P:S  All characters are fictional.
To be continued next week FRIDAY (I hope I can keep to that)
I'll love to hear from you. Leave your comments below *muah*
Let's keep in touch on Facebook Kaydo's blog

Don't forget '..today belongs to YOU'

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com