Self Love

08:32

A couple of days ago, I posted a picture on Facebook with this caption, "I've grown so deeply in love with myself. I understand that I am not perfect YET! So with all my flaws, I Love Me!" I got a couple of replies too this because this wasn't the first time I was talking about loving myself. Someone asked me why do you love yourself so much?

I've been through quite a handful. I wouldn't call it a lot but I've had experiences. I would say that a couple of years ago, I could not honestly say that I loved myself. I honestly did hate me. I didn't like my height, or my legs. I didn't like the fact that my voice was tiny, I wanted a much deeper voice. I didn't like how slow my hair was growing. This is but a little of the stuff that I didn't like about me.

In December 2011, I had a love encounter that changed my view about me. My love relationship with the Holy spirit grew. He showed that my flaws and 'imperfections' didn't make me less valuable or less important. This is because, the major reason why I didn't like myself was because I felt like I was less important. In my journey of love, I have learnt that the so called imperfections are a part of His divine plan for my life.

So, when I say that I have grown so deeply in love with me, it's not because I have chosen to be self centered. It is but a honest declaration. I know that I may not be perfected in the lifestyle of love but one thing that I have learnt over the while is that it is difficult to honestly love someone when you have not loved yourself. Your love for someone else can only flow from within you.

I understand that we may not all love ourselves with the same degree or ability. Some people may not love any bit of themselves and others may be having quite a struggle accepting a certain part of themselves. If you wouldn't mind, let me introduce you the love that changed my perspective about me. I accepted the love of God into my life and His love changed me!

So, like I replied to that conversation, I love me because God loves me so much even when I don't deserve it. So, it's now in my nature, it overflows from within

I Love Me!!
I Love You!!
..you are SPECIAL!

Click here to contact me on Facebook  if you want to talk more about this love life..


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com