Living Out That Resolution

10:37

Happy New Year everyone!! I guess I'm still permitted to say that. I am really excited about this year 2015. You know that feeling you get when you are so sure that something is going to work out well; yeah, that's just how I feel towards this year.
One thing that we are usually encouraged to do as we enter a new year is that we make resolutions. Honestly, for a while I stopped making resolutions because I discovered that it wasn't working for me. I realized  that before May, I had usually forgotten what it was that I had as a resolution.
At the beginning of last year, I really didn't have a resolution but towards March, I made one. Although I didn't really call it a resolution, it was one. Amazingly this time it worked out well, I was able to get positive results out of it. For a couple of you who usually make decisions or resolutions, as it is more often referred to, I wanted to share with you what I did differently last year.
Firstly, I saw the need for a change in the way I had been living earlier. I recognized that if I continued that way, I'll be living at a loss. I saw that there was a better way to live, a better way to do things. I would simply just say that you shouldn't make a decision simply because it's a new year. Now don't get me wrong, I believe in planning and being consciously definite about what you want to achieve in a year. My point is just that, whatever resolution you make should be change oriented and motivated by a passion and should not just be a tradition. If you really want things to be different in your life, if you really want to achieve set goals, you really don't have to wait till it's a new year. The fact that the date changes doesn't mean that your life is going to sporadically change. Lots of people live with this ideology of 'New year, new me'. It's become a cliché. People now just say it because they want to a sense of belonging.
" A new year will NOT bring about a new you, a conscious effort will."
When you recognize the need for things to be done differently in your life, the next thing I will suggest you do is write it down. This way, you don't forget what it is you wanted to change. The truth is that writing it down alone will not bring about the change, there  has to be active working towards it. One the first phases of working towards it is in your mind because trust me, things will begin to pop up and you will begin to see reasons why it will not work out, you will suddenly begin to see reasons why the decision you made is really not important. This is  where a lot of people lose already because the y just succumb to their thoughts and never begin working towards their goals and visions.
At this point, you must guard your heart and mind with diligence. Get all the positivity you can from within you and begin to speak them out to yourself. These words help create a thought pattern and help you set your mind on achieving your goals.
Once your mind is made up and you have won the battle in your mind, you then should begin to define the possible ways for you to achieve your goals and then begin to work according to them.
Don't restrict the setting of goals to a new year so if you achieve your set goals before the year is over, set new ones. And most importantly, I cannot leave out the GOD factor. We know just a little but He knows all things!
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart, don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do and everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track"  Proverbs 3:5-6 MSG 
I wish you a very successful 2015.
Don't forget that you are SPECIAL!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com