A Strong Finish

09:04

It's pretty easy to imagine about a whole lot of stuff. It's easy to make wishes and dream dreams. Truth be told, the most easy part of achieving a goal is writing it down. Everyone who has pursued an ambition knows that its more easy to talk about it than to actually live it out. I don't believe that this has happened to just me but I know how much I need to talk to myself after making all the plans. The pep talks like, 'you're an amazing woman, you can do this , the world is waiting for you, someone needs what you have' and all the rest. I know how much I really need to convince myself before I finally begin pursing my dreams and working at my goals. I know that I'm not the only one on this team, even the greatest of achievers need some sort of encouragement. Before I begin to focus so much on that, I want to share with you what I had discovered not too long ago.
" As difficult as it is to start, it is even much more difficult to finish".
When I found this out, I was like, why on earth should I start in the first place if it's going to be so hard to finish. Truth is, the discovery wasn't encouraging. Everyone, errrrm at the least most people want easy lives, I do too. Nobody wants their life to be so full of labour, no one wants to live life stressed out. Everybody wants the best out of life but if we are all completely honest, we want to just skip from the work part to the part where we begin to get the rewards. Ask the lady who's trying to shed some weight, she most likely doesn't enjoy working out, she just wants to be slimmer already. 

You know, when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I saw this poster.


This gave me some sort of insight though, to why finishing is difficult. As difficult as it may seem, we must press through and hold on if we would get to that height of greatness that we were made for.

So, how then do we push through this difficult times, how do we get to finish, how do we achieve our goals and realize our dreams?
Life is not a sprint that all you need is that speed and you'll be done in a couple of minutes. I like to think of it as a marathon. It's energy consuming,very long and can be tiring. It requires a great dose of determination to finish and whether consciously or not, we sign up for it. Just like the marathon, to get to the finish line of every facet of our life, we must learn a couple of things.
I did a little reading on how to run marathons and I discovered that you have to feed your body with the right stuff. Eat wrong and there's no way you'll be able to finish the race. It's the same with life just that more importantly, you must be very cautious about what you feed your mind. If you keep telling yourself that it's too difficult and that you don't think you could ever make it, trust me, you won't even come near the finish line. What you keep feeding your mind is what you will eventually believe and begin to live by. That's why you must consciously speak the right words concerning your life. What are the right words, you may ask. You must speak positively no matter how gloomy it may seem because you have so much power in your tongue.

One other comparison I want to make between a marathon and life is that the goal of the marathon is to run a little faster with every lap. So, don't slow down on life because it seems difficult press on and keep moving.
One of the things that can help you keep moving is to remember why you started in the first place. Constantly remind yourself of the reason(s) why you chose to pursue your dream. To be more efficient, keep your goals in front of you. You must keep your eyes on the finish line. Nobody ever won a race by constantly looking sideways.
Don't be deterred by anything.
It may be difficult but you can win.
You are great and you can finish strong!
shhh! Silence those doubts in your mind.
I believe in you!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com