..the PURSUIT of a dream

05:23

Hi there, it's been quite a while and I apologize. School hasn't given me so  much of an option.
I was analyzing myself some time ago and I realized that I had so many dreams, goals. There are quite a number of things that I want to achieve. They are either in my head or written somewhere. Today, I want to share with you some life lessons that I have learnt in the pursuit of my dreams.


  •        You have to pursue your dreams.


One thing that I've realized is that,  it's very easy and relaxing to dream or imagine. Everybody, ummm or maybe I should say I love that feeling that dreaming brings because of course, my dreams are beautiful. I don't know if anyone ever creates unhappy, scary dreams. Anyways, those warm feelings that dreams bring don't ever last forever. You have to deliberately go past the warm and fussy feelings and actually pursue your dreams.
I use word pursue because sometimes, it seems like your dreams are so afar off, some other times it may seem like your dreams are running away from you. But you don't have to give to give either of those as reasons to quit your dreams, just let the passion of your dreams drive you and pursue hard after it.


  •        Hold on to hope.

"Though rough may seem the way,
Our hopes must surely stay.
Holding it high will help you see,
The silver lining in every cloud"

This was one of the very first poems I wrote and I haven't forgotten it in years. Pursuing my dreams hasn't always been easy. There have been times that the way was pretty rough but hope is one thing that has brought me through.
In pursuing dreams, you must know that it's not always going to be easy, the road isn't always going to be smooth. So, just make up your mind that no matter what happens in life, you're going to keep your eyes on the goal, you're going to keep your hopes up.

  •       Keep your eyes on the goal.


With time, I have come to realize that even as I pursue my dreams, a lot of other things crave for my attention, a lot of distractions arise. It has to take a conscious effort to keep focused on the dream, the goal. If we are not focused, we'll find out that after a while we may even forget what the original dream was because we have been distracted for so long.

Finally, in the words of Yolanda Adams, 
"Keep the dream alive don't let it die. If something deep inside keeps inspiring you to try, don't stop. And never give up, don't ever give on you!"
*smiles*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com