PERSPECTIVE

19:59

Reading my news feed early this morning and all I kept seeing was 'the dress'. I was like, seriously, what dress is everyone talking about. I checked it up on Instagram and then I saw a picture of  'the dress'. To me, the dress was clearly blue and black and I'm like, what's all the fuss about, all I see is blue and black!
Honestly, I wondered why the people who could see 'white and gold' did. I went for my morning class and by the time I returned, I saw the dress as white and gold. I'm like, what! How did that happen??
Reflecting on what had just happened with me, it became pretty obvious that sometimes we are too quick to jump into conclusions. Like the saying goes, 'things aren't always what they seem'.



After reading a couple of articles on why people perceived the same dress with different colours, I believe that our different perspectives are as a result of our different eyes and our different lighting conditions.
Anyways, I really do not want to do an analysis on why the perspectives are different. i just want to point out that all too often, we begin judging others because they do not see thing s the same way we see them. Like with the dress, its almost like it's always one camp of people against the other. It's almost like if you don't perceive things the way I do then, you are wrong or you are just pretending or maybe you have something wrong with you.


Perspective is a particular attitude towards or way of regarding something. We are different and I believe that our differences make us unique. It is important that we appreciate our uniqueness and our individuality in perspective.
It is of course possible that we know that others may seeing things wrongly and that their vision is blurred because of the things happening around them but then we must learn to correct them in love!

Let love lead!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com