Hooked up on good? Choose better

19:46

Gwen and I have been friends since forever! Errrrrm not really, but we've been friends for about 3 years. The truth is that she's been there for me through thick and thin. We've had lots of fun times together and I've had to help her out a couple of times when she had issues with other people.
Late last year, I made a new friend, her name is Jemima. I kinda feel like  I only make female friends but seriously who cares! (*whispering* because I really don't).  Jem is amazing. We have a lot in common. She even likes purple!

I started spending quite a lot of time with her, so much that I totally forgot about Gwen. Anyways, after a while I noticed that thing I had with Jem was almost an addiction. I really couldn't go a day without talking to her and I practically spent every second of my waking with her. Even when I was supposed to be studying, I found myself with her instead.
This had gone on for quite a while but I really just noticed it. I decided that I would have to consciously do the right thing at the right time. I am fully aware that spending time with her isn't wrong, but the problem is that she was beginning to get in the way of a lot of things in my life.
Hey! By the way, Gwen and Jem are my phones. Yea, I name my phones. And yes, I kinda felt like I was getting too addicted to my phone and I decided to spend some less time with her, ummm it.

One thing that is sure in life is that different times and stages, we would often have to make choices. Sometimes it going to be as easy as choosing between good and bad, some other times it wouldn't be. There'll be times where we would have to choose between two things that are seemingly good. At such times, we'll have to be careful to pick out that which is better.
Good stuff can be really attractive. It can be all dressed up that you get hooked up on it. Sometimes you could get really hooked up on the good that it blurs your vision. We have to be really careful that the good doesn't get in the way of the better.
My phones are really valuable to me. I think they are like my number company but because I want something more, I'm willing to let go of them to an extent.

What do you want achieve? What are goals have you set? What's standing in the way? Identify the good that's standing in the way of your better!
Be better!
I believe in YOU!!


#ItsKaydo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com