Wisdom Wednesday || Stay on your lane

08:52

If I had my way, I would be a medical doctor, writer, singer, comedienne, who also is also an artist, actress, dancer, primary school teacher, TV show host, and is also a minister, CEO, hairstylist, fashion designer and did I add model, speaker, photographer, web designer, etc, all at the same time and in professional capacity.

There's a lot of beautiful and interesting things that one can combine and work at effectively in the today's world but in all, there's only so much one can do.
If you're like me, you're easily carried off by what someone else is doing, what they are good at, have invested their life in, and is producing results for them.
I often have to literally shout to myself  FOCUS!!!


The first line of one of my primary school poems is ' be yourself, you can't be anyone else'

When we begin to 'copy' other people's strengths and gifts, we lose our individuality, our uniqueness.
There's this recent craze of everyone wanting to hop into comedy, bet why!!
Then there was the period when everyone wanted to sing. Ah AH

We will not all make it big via writing, comedy, singing, and the likes. You are unique and until you understand that and then begin to tap into your unique resources, you'll just be a cheap photocopy of someone else.
 Focus on your gifts, talents, skills, abilities no matter how small they may look. Don't look down on yourself because you don't look like everyone else. 

When you don't stay on your lane, accidents happen.

The decision to go through life on someone else's lane is the decision to self destruct. You were created to fulfill a certain purpose and to influence in a particular sphere of life. Find it, work on it and excel in it.

Find your lane, stay on it.

-Kaydo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com