Self Check || Are you talking too much?

13:05

As much as I enjoy writing self checks, they are quite personal for me because they bring me to the point where I am cautious and actually do a scan of myself.

Talking is a part of our everyday life. Majority of it is done with words but it is also expressed in actions. We talk about a whole lot of stuff from things that are important to those which are not.

I was reflecting on a conversation the other day and I began thinking;

How many of the conversations that we have are actually beneficial?
How many are healthy?
Where is the line between just talking about someone and gossiping?


This one especially gets to me because, I have found myself in situations where I have analyzed someone, their words, the manner in which they'd said something, the way they rolled their eyes or expressed an opinion and then begin thinking to myself and say, I'd actually hurt if I was talking about me that way.

When is it just 'gisting' and when is it backbiting?
When are we speaking the truth and when are doing the right thing?

Often we shut down our conscience with the excuse of 'I am just speaking the truth' but what happened to '..speaking the truth in love..'?
What happened to not bringing others down but lifting them up?
We often forget that 'to push people down, you have to go down with them'

Are you talking too much?
Are your words seasoned?

Be gracious in your speech. The goal is to bring out the best in others in a conversation, not to put them down, not to cut them out 
Colossians 4:6 Msg

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com