Proudly Nigerian ...or Nah

08:35

I pledge to Nigeria my country, their country
My country just when I need a permit to be absent on the 1st of October
Their country when they talk about misused resources
My country when names like Chimamanda Adichie or Aliko Dangote resound from afar
Their country when it's discussions on electricity
I don't go to far, I just claim Ghanaian but they have their own share of 'Dumsor'
Hmmm!
It's their country on election day
It's my country when the leaders mess up
Lips as sharp as two edged swords
Slicing up everyone that makes an attempt at leading 
My arms too weak, my feet feeble
The thoughts of building pass me by.
Quickly speaking but forgetting to pray
With eyes wide open, led astray.

Proudly Nigerian, or not?



I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity
And uphold her honour and glory
So help me God!

"The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business of living simply, in humble contemplation. This is the way our Saviour God wants us to live"
1 Timothy 2:1-3 Msg

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com