Life Lesson || Finishative

14:58


One of my  favourite pastimes is watching videos on Youtube. Hair tutorials to be precise. On the days when I am quite energetic with nothing much to do, I make attempts at pulling off the hairstyles. Well, braiding my hair is one thing that I have always wanted to do but the thought of it alone kept scaring me off.

A couple of days back, I just picked up courage after watching a junk of videos and started braiding my hair. Half way through, I got tired. All I wanted to do was take down the braids. I just couldn't take it anymore. By the way, this was day 3 in my hair braiding journey.
Mehn! The thought of the time I had spent was my number motivation to continue...lol.

Because I'm always looking for lessons in everyday life, I found a couple in my little hair experience (hexperience :D).
There are many things that eye catching, ideas that you just want to implement. Or maybe if you're like me, you have all these goals in your head that hope to achieve, BUT they are very scary. Like they often look so big that they kinda induce fear. You can look on yourself and see how small you are in relation to those goals.
One thing that I have come to learn is that we may all see the same thing but our perception is often different. We all see with our eyes but perception is a mind thing so things that we think are too big are seen as such because of our mindset.

Well, what if these goals are really too big and are seemingly impossible to achieve, you can split them into smaller steps. If my ultimate goal was to finish braiding my hair in a day, I probably would not have been so impressed with my progress after day one. So cut yourself some slack and split your goal into smaller bits.


Smile... wink ;)

One other thing I learnt is that, as difficult as it is to start, it is more difficult to finish. Lots of projects have been abandoned because of the lack of "finishative". We have been taught to use our initiative to do things.
Ideas are all around, everyone sees them but the smart ones use their initiative to work on them. It takes a step further into wisdom to not just start something but to work on it to the end.
Often, along the way in our life's journey, there are hard times along the path that our initiative takes us through. Sometimes quitting is just the easy way out but in all lets keep our eyes on the ultimate goal. It's not always going to be a smooth ride but if we don't give up, we'll come out successful.

Finally, I know that my edges didn't come out as smooth as would have been if a professional did it but the ecstasy that comes with doing it myself is incomparable. So, just take that bold step and do that thing that you've always wanted to do. You may not get it perfect the first time but you'll have done it.

"..I have FINISHED the race.."


-With love
Kaydo



I'll love to see your comments and what you think.
Don't forget to share, follow this blog and like the Facebook page.
Thank YOU!!! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com