What's in a name? OGHENEKOHWODO

18:58

Hey lovelies!
 Welcome back. If you're not really into reading, don't worry, you can just watch the video HERE.



So, really, what's in a name?
I don't really know about other parts of the world but I know that Africans are really big on names. When they name a child, it's not just something random, it's probably related to how the child was born or the circumstances surrounding their birth or even, the kind of life they hope for the child.

Does your name have any special significance? If it does, leave a comment, let's talk about it.

My middle name is Oghenekohwodo and as much as I don't answer it a lot of the time; I think it's just my mom and my dad and some of my family members that call me by it, it's a name that I cherish so much because of what it means.
It means, God is the one who gives greatness, God is the one who makes a person big, literally.

In these days I'm learning to accept the name and understand it because I really believe that God is the one who makes people great.
Now, this is not to dispute the fact that if you work hard, greatness is coming to you but then as a believer, I do believe that God has destined that everyone of us will be great, His plan for us is greatness
But, this is how I see it..
God already has the greatness in store for me so, what should I do? My part is to align myself with His plan, with His purpose, with His design for my life because His plan for me is to make me great, His end point is perfect.

I do want to encourage you that God's plans for you are perfect, His end point is beautiful, so stop trying to struggle or step out of His will or figure out everything by yourself.
I want to encourage you to rest in God's plan for you, to rest in the path that He has designed for you because God knows you!!

So, I like my name, I like the meaning and I try my best to live in line with it because God is the one who has planned my greatness, I just have to walk in line with Him and with Him and the greatness will manifest.

Till next time, remember that today belongs to you!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com