WHO AM I???

14:52

It's hard to define yourself when you are a bunch of things. Scrap that, let me not over generalize; maybe some people have found it easy and have learnt the art of joggling between all of the things that they can do.
I, on the other hand, haven't learnt that. I often find myself at crossroads defining who exactly I am.

I listen to a wide range of speakers and one of the things that I have heard on repeat is that you have to specialize, be known for one thing. This, really causes a turmoil on my inside. I am like, which of the things that I do, which of the means by which I express myself do I want to focus on.
That is one question that I haven't been able to answer.

No, the questioning of my identity didn't just start today and I pretty much doubt that someone is going to give me a set of  'practical steps' or 'practical questions to ask myself' that I haven't heard before. I'm not bragging but I used to watch a lot of those kinds of speakers, read books and attend conferences. Maybe the issue isn't with them, maybe it's with me. maybe there is no issue at all.

I should pause with the vagueness for a bit.



During my summer break, I had a meet up with my friend and it happened that she was at a choir rehearsal. They invited me to join in, they asked, 'don't you sing?' Guess what my response what, 'I used to, not anymore'.
It would make more sense to someone if my voice went through some changes or I have some sort of medical condition that prevents me from singing but I had none of those. My decision to stop singing just happened one of those days when I was feeling high and thoughtful.

However, I keep finding myself lurking within the chambers of music; writing and singing.

Music is just one part of my life and within the last couple of weeks, it is something I have discovered that I really can't completely push out of my life.

I write, obviously. But that in itself is also broad.
I love the stage and I love being behind the scenes also. Does that confuse you? I hope not.

These are just a few obvious parts of myself.
The thing is from time to time, various sides of me are dominant.
There are days when the dominant side is the girl who loves God, loves His word and is called to teach. There are periods when all she wants to do is dig into the word, study and interact.
On other days, she is just interested in writing love poems.

We could just say I'm versatile huh?

What's my point?
2017 is almost finished and I'm yet to find the label that suits perfectly. Maybe there's none, maybe I'll find it.
However, as long as I live, I want to live in the full expression of everyone of my sides, gifts and skills.
Diverse, they may be, still I will express them.

So who am I?
I am Gift Ogwa, Kaydo, Teacher, Poet, Writer, Singer, Sister and more..

Your Sister.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com