#Goals

14:05

Growing up I didn't watch a lot TV. However, seeing kids about my age on TV was a very huge motivation for me. There was this kids group that I loved, to that little me, their songs were 'badass'. They were #goals.
A couple of days ago, I took out time to reminisce and I watched a couple of those 'badass' songs and well, I just sat with a huge grin on my face.

I'm not about to put any group down but I sat there thinking, 'so why were they #goals?'

Everyone on social media now seems to have some sort of #goals. There are a variety of them, 
#relationshipgoals
#squadgoals
#spiritualgoals
..the list goes on.

I'm big ups on goal setting because they help define your life but I was listening to Steven Furtick's sermon yesterday and he asked a question that hit home for me. 

'Are you setting the right goals?'

It's one thing to set goals and achieve them, it's another thing for them goals to be the right ones.
A lot of people are just going around with the wrong goals in their mind.

Goals define the course of your life so if you are going around with the wrong goals in your mind, you would eventually arrive at a destination but it would indeed not be one aligned with your purpose.


Kids are often attracted to things that are bright and colourful, they will almost always crawl towards anyone as along as they are presented  with something 'bright and beautiful', extra points if it makes some sort of sound.

Are we now kids?
Running after everything that is bright and beautiful?
What happened to checking it out to see how real it is?
Have we gagged down a cup of poison because it smelled 'nice'?
Are we just labelling things as our goals just because they make the loudest noise?

All too often, the things that we've tagged #goals are just beautifully painted cadavers.

Am I thus saying not to look up to anyone or to not have some sort of goals, NO. But instead of tagging every other thing a goal, and instead of running after everything that is beautifully painted, how about we check the tree, check out the fruits.

Growing entails you coming to the realization that you cannot walk on just any path, it includes that you discover who you are and what your path is. Thus, your goals are not just superficial but are aligned in accordance with your purpose.

What or who are your #goals? Are they in line with your purpose?


-Kaydo

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647
    you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com