Why CHURCH?

22:08

I just got back from 'Cell Meeting' and I'm feeling really pumped.
Wednesdays are my most busy school day. I have a couple of classes and all the ish but I often look forward to Wednesday evenings because knowing that I have a family to meet up with gives me joy. I know that there are a people who will be willing to listen, learn and from whom I can learn God's word and life's principles.

Yes, you read correctly, you read 'family'. One of the concepts that I have come to understand since I started attending Father's Tabernacle International is that church isn't just a place I go, it is a family to which I belong.
Until you understand that church isn't just ritual, you'll never get the best out of it.

It is amazing how David could say, "I rejoiced with those who said to me, 'Let's go to the Lord's house". It was a reason for him to rejoice and not just a point of duty.

The church is a point of fellowship, first with God, then with man.

One of the important reasons why church is important is that it is a place where the word of God is taught. There are revelations that you may not get on your own, understandings that you may not grasp. The church is a place where you get to listen and learn truths from God's word.

On our own, there is the tendency to interpret the word of God the way it suits us. We may cut off some parts, shade up some areas and make some others more bright and colourful. We may give ourselves the perfect excuse for why we do what we do and how we do them. The church is a body that corrects and disciplines using the word of God as a standard.
SIDE NOTE: A church isn't one except the word of God is the standard.


In our series on Growth, we're still discussing Spiritual growth. In addition to studying the word for yourself and praying, it is also important that you belong to a church, a family.

Church is family.
Iron sharpens iron.
We hold each other through tough times, celebrate together. Correct and reprove when necessary, uphold and strengthen.

Now, it is easy to criticize and point fingers when things are not going 'well'. The truth is that what we often define as church not going on well is really 'church not going your way'.
The church's primary purpose isn't to please you but to bring glory to God. But if, indeed the church isn't going well, don't just sit back and criticize, step up and do something. Play your own role in building up the body of Christ.

We are here for one another. Your Growth is important to the church. The process may not always seem sweet but it is for your good.

_______________________________________________________

And let us consider each other carefully for the purpose of sparking love and good deeds.
Don't stop meeting together with other believer, which some people have gotten into the habit of doing. Instead, encourage each other as you see the day drawing near.
Hebrews 10:24-25 CEB

Selah!


Let's connect on FACEBOOK - Kaydo's blog.
'..today belongs to you..'

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com