My FIRST time

12:06

I remember the first time I fried pancakes, it was at about 4am, I think. Team late night chef.
Where's all my late night chefs? hehe.
Aside from the fact that I just prefer cooking at night, I made them that early because I didn't think I could stand the embarrassment of having other people see the 'thing' I was making; since I share a kitchen with a couple of other peeps.
I honestly do not regret cooking that early having that I threw out about half of what I made because it just wasn't edible. It was burnt yet not cooked.





I remember the first time I stood on a stage to speak, my heart often forgot to beat and my brain forgot to think; withdrawing information from me, leaving my mouth to hang in despair. I had about 20 minutes to talk but I was done in 5. My eyes just kept wandering and I repeated what I had already said in different words.

I just can't


The struggle for perfection is a tough one. We pretty much always want to get it right the first time we try but often, that isn't the case. The truth is that if you will be willing to give yourself grace and allow yourself grow, you'll be better. There is room for improvement but you have to be willing to walk into it.



As I begin to process this post mentally while I do a happy dance over my perfectly rounded, golden brown pancakes, I think of all of the times I quit just because it didn't look as perfect as I wanted (perfectionist problems).
Take the step, try again, give yourself grace and learn.


Try, try try again
If at first you don't succeed
try try try again

All that other folks can do,
Why, with patience, should not you?
Only keep this rule in view:
Try, try, try again


With love
-Kaydo

"..today belongs to you"
Let's connect on FACEBOOK - Kaydo's Blog

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com