The Re-introduction

08:26

All I do is mix a little sugar with the medicine
Put a little flesh and skin on them skeletons
Hidden deep down in my cupboard's crevices
Look on me and you see no blemishes

I'm not Ed Sherann but I'm thinking out loud
As I'm sitting up high and feeling so fly
About all you low class moving on with the crowd
I can't dare to mingle, you're not my type

Elevated by my pride as I wear my daddy's coat
My shoulder's been raised high by its 20 shoulder pads
No words of my own, all I do is spit quotes
That I heard from my teacher in the Sunday School class

Olivia Popeing all day long
Try to be fixing all that's wrong
Not worried about the log in my eyes
Faithfully keeping a log of your failed tries

Unfaithful to the life I've been called to
 Stretch out my hand and reach the lost folks
Out of the palace into the wild yo
But I'll rather sit and chill in my comfort zone


All I do is mix a little sugar with the medicine
Put a little flesh and skin on them skeletons
Hidden deep down in my cupboard's crevices
Look on me and you see no blemishes


My presence presents a present perfect me
I won't show you how human I seem to be
How I make mistakes and over pebbles I stumble
And how I was once like you, my life a rumble

The pretty little lies I made up about me
Was only a mirage, a non-existent stream
The EMP shield I built around me
Restricted me from you and locked me in

Well,
Allow me to introduce the real medicine
This is the real specimen
Concentrated in its pure form
No adulterations, No form of deform

No sugar coating method
No hiding behind the lies
No pretending like I've got all together
When I'm just falling apart

Strip off the coat of pride
Tearing the fences down
Reaching my hands out
Extending true love to you

Honestly!
I've got days when all I do is sit and gaze
Into space I stare because life seems like a maze
Left, right what way to turn
All of my help seems to be gone
My human nature keeps me torn
Between my saviour and my wants

I was born dead but I have been given life so I can daily die to my flesh

Bitter truth, real freedom
Painful death, salvation
Red blood, clean hearts
Born again, new life

Wooden cross, golden crown
Narrow path, true life
His strength revealed in our weakness
Though we fall, we must rise

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com