Self Check || So You Think You Are NICE?

06:16

It was a warm Wednesday afternoon. I was in a taxi on my way home. Too tired to carry a conversation with my group-mates, I slowly wandered into the field of thoughts. Looking out the car window, my eyes rested on a pretty lady, one whom I had said 'hi' to more than once. My face had beamed smiles to her some time ago, whether smiles were real or created, I do not remember. I most likely had asked her how she was doing because well, it's a habit.
If she ever attended my church, I probably would have smiled even more, asked her name and taken an extra second when I asked how she was.

Hmmmm! I know about how much stronger bonds enforce stronger communication but somethings are just basic. Everyone is nice when you get to know them personally; at least most people are. Even the person that everyone knows as a snub is quite nice to a clique of people but is it the right way to live? Is the christian thing to be nice to only those who are nice to you?

“You’re familiar with the old written law, ‘Love your friend,’ and its unwritten companion, ‘Hate your enemy.’ I’m challenging that. I’m telling you to love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer, for then you are working out of your true selves, your God-created selves. This is what God does. He gives his best—the sun to warm and the rain to nourish—to everyone, regardless: the good and bad, the nice and nasty. If all you do is love the lovable, do you expect a bonus? Anybody can do that. If you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal? Any run-of-the-mill sinner does that.
Matthew 5:43-47  




Life is beautiful. Life is well, incomplete without people. If you're like me, you ENJOY your company. You would rather live in a world of your own and have minimal connections with other people. But life isn't that way, everyone needs people and even when you don't really need them, there are always people around you.
A nice person is a good-natured person. Being nice doesn't have to be complicated. Be nice for real, not just because you want to put up a show.
Stay within your boundaries but honestly care. Work on your attitude and check your relationships with people especially if you don't know them personally.



It's Kaydo

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com