Sound doctrine or dope poetry

15:17

My main struggle with this post was deciding if I wanted to sound a little more formal like I did the previous one or I wanted to opt for a more casual tone.
Obviously, this is a 'casualty' situation. 😆

I discovered that I could write poems when I graduated from secondary school. I had written a couple of poems here and there before then but during my gap year, I took note of the poetic Gift whom I often refer to as Kaydo.
I don't consider myself as the best writer and this doesn't have anything to do with my self-esteem, I am just being objective. However, I have also observed improvements in my writings because currently, 'I dey write fire'!

When I am not writing love poems, I am writing Christian poems, sometimes I write other stuff in between.

One of those days, I had a conversation in my head, and I came to the conclusion that if I was going to write a poem and tag it 'Christian', I'd rather have it sound doctrinally than dope poetically.


Why?
I see my poems as a teaching medium and I have the responsibility of representing God correctly so to the best of my ability, I want to do so.

Do I really have to choose??
Well, not really. I'm learning that it's very possible to be solid on both angles. It's a lot easier to maintain the truth when I'm writing shorter poems. My goal, however, is that if someone did an exegesis of my spoken word poems, I'd want the truth to be found in every slice.

How does that affect you?
If you're going to create something and tag it, Christian, do well to represent Christ correctly.

"That my poems may not end up as masterpieces and theological fallacies"
Still, I want to write doctrinally sound dope poems.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love you.. keep reading.. https://ovemn.blogspot.com SMS me, 08068488422

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com