..your REFLECTION

07:00

He said "..looking at you I could see Janette Ikz"
To start with,if you don't know who Janette Ikz is, pause, go search for her on Google but make sure you come back to finish reading this.
Anyways, Janette is my number one spoken word poet. She inspires me a whole lot. Back to the original story, receiving that compliment was really a big deal for me. I caught myself smiling and in the next couple of seconds I would discover that my heartbeat was gradually returning to normal because it had earlier sped up.

Meditating on this incident a while later, it occurred to me that being 'like' Janette means a lot to me.The truth is that because I binge watch her poems, subconsciously I pick up some of her attitude, style and even her lines.

Would someone see you walk, hear you speak and think, "WOW! You sound just like JESUS"
We have role models but our ultimate goal should be to reflect Christ in every way. Until others can see the Jesus that we carry on our inside from the outside, then we are not really living out the Christian life.
The Early Apostles were called Christians because the people saw that they behaved like Jesus.

They could only reflect Jesus because they had spent TIME with Him. There is no reflecting Christ if there's no dwelling in His presence.


So! Who are you connected to? Who are you reflecting?
Your reflection is a reflection of your connection.

Have an amazing week!!
Always remember that "..today belongs to YOU"
p:s Let's connect on Facebook -Kaydo's Blog

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com