Learning to love my father

14:36

I'm yet to become a mother but I think that there's a switch that goes off when one has a child. It happens irrespective of your gender, your heart just goes all out for a little human and you can't wait to take care of them and watch them grow.

As a child, on the other hand, I never really saw parents as people to be loved. They were to be respected, obeyed, relied on but really not to be loved.
At least, I had a soft spot for my mom but my dad, ahhh, he's a "hard man".

You know those tweets and meme say that your parents reply with God bless you when you say to them that you love them or they find a way around the discussion. You know how they rarely say 'I love you', they'd rather say 'Have you eaten?'



In my own case, it's more like the opposite. My parents especially my dad would say 'I love you' and although I wouldn't reply with God bless you, it would be so awkward for me that I'll either find a way out out of the conversation or just keep quiet.

I am learning to love my father. I am learning to tell him that I love him. I am learning that he's a person that I should indeed love. I chose to write about him on my blog because I know he'll read it not because I need him to send me extra cash (daddy you can still send me extra, I am always open to that 😂).

I don't know what the relationship is like between you and your dad but learn to love him, in whatever way that may be for you. Whether it means that you call him just to check up on him, send him a message that you're thinking of him,  be there with him or maybe some other way.

Respect him, rely on him, love him.

Grace and Peace
Kaydo ❤

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com