Shine bright like a DIAMOND

22:23

Hi everyone!
Just last weekend there was a variety night in my school and I presented this poem and I just wanted to share it with you guys. Click HERE to watch the video. I hope you guys enjoy it.

'Twinkle, twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky'
This nursery rhyme shaped my mind
It opened my windows, opened my blinds.

Deep down within, the quest began
For something that was more than norm.
Mediocrity, I ran from with alacrity.
The vanity of my fantasy was but elaborately a reality in a my faculties
The me you see is a product of my visions and dreams
Aspirations and pursuits, imaginations and run-throughs
The depth of my desperation for glorification made me move forth from invagination.

I made up my mind that I was going to stand
And that I was going to stand up tall.
Let me tell you my story;
I was part of a constellation, not of stars though
'Twas just a population of some species that were headed towards defeat
The end from the beginning was clearly no good
To say that I was special was absolutely not true.

Wait a minute!
Really, Skills and thrills were drills I couldn't kill
I preferred to just sit and chill with a drink
And then right before my eyes,everyone grew taller!

Now, all I really want is to be a little bit taller
My head may not reach the skies
But I believe I can fly
If I can but buy the height that my eyes could see beyond the fence
Just only if I could give life to the dreams I once had
Passions and pursuits that gave life to my roots.

shhhh!
If you're quiet enough you can hear it.
There's the war that exists between your mind and your body
That struggle for life, that bundle of July's bright flower that long to sprout but you deny.
If you're quiet enough you can hear it.
You know the dreams you had that looked beyond and saw the
Lab coats and scrubs, stethoscopes and drugs
The anatomy, physiology and psychology in real life.
The desire that you had to make a difference
To stand above the average
The courage to repair the damage with a bandage
And salvage the ravaged and discouraged with more than a baggage of adage.

Well, you still can!
That passion and affection that brought forth a reaction between your mind and your body is  still there.
You can stand up tall
Say to your dreams that were asleep;
Arise, for it's time to shine.
You can be much taller.
You can shine bright like a diamond!!


It's Kaydo ❤

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com