Tales from Half of a broken heart

16:53

I was in my house, in my space, all alone. I took solace in nurturing my heart, learning it's curves and edges, seeing it's beauty and flaws. Everything was perfect, well, sorta, it was the best I had ever felt.

One of those days, I saw you out of the corner of my eye, I had barely turned but then you disappeared. Night after night, your thoughts flooded my heart. I had something new to think about, something else I could fantasize about. You were my daytime dream. I would often catch myself dreaming of seeing you again and then actually meeting you.

Maybe, we would have enough time to sit and talk.
Maybe you would show me the actual blend of things that made you look this beautiful.


It took a while before you showed up again but then I was glad that at the very least, I got to meet you.
'I've known you for a while' you said, 'it's actually been more than just a while, we actually met when you were much younger but I don't think that you remember'.. You kept talking but then my mind was racing with thoughts. I couldn't fathom how someone could be just the perfect blend of dream and reality. You were what I had dreamed of for the longest of time. I had convinced myself that you only existed in my dreamland but here you were, alive and talking.

*snap, snap*
back to reality

We should get together sometime..'

_____________

My life took a different turn from there. You showed me what beauty really meant, you held my hand and walked with me on cool evenings and warm mornings. You gave words to my tears and planted sunshine in my years.

In my head, I began to plan a future with you. We would be together forever. You would plant your seeds in me, I would bring forth fruits. We would achieve goals, we would indeed, change the world.
Thinking about this, I can only wonder if I was just naive or maybe blind.


I had fallen in love for the first time.
I thought you would be in my future but you just walked out the door, without warning. You left without looking back. Now, I wonder if you ever loved me. I wonder if you just took joy in filling my heart with passion. If you just loved the look on my face when you showed me something new, when you revealed beauty to me in a new perspective. I wonder if you just wanted to keep me company for a while. I wonder if this was your plan all along.

I had fallen in love with words.
But, at the moment,they seem to have walked out the door.
What we had was special, I could see you in ways that no one could.
But then..
You left.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

Thanks for reading. I love hearing your feedback. Questions, suggestions, send me a mail gift.kaydo@gmail.com